- Login to Getsitecontrol → click Site settings → Integrations
- Click Connect next to Benchmark Email → enter your Benchmark Email API key
- To find your API key, login to Benchmark Email → click on your Username → select Integrations → choose API key
- Go back to the dashboard → click Edit on the necessary widget (Subscribe, Contact or Survey)
- Switch to Integrations → choose Benchmark Email from the drop-down list under Third party integrations
- Choose a mailing list using the drop-down menu
- Click Map widget fields → match fields → click OK
If you use Benchmark Email for email marketing and Getsitecontrol widgets to collect email addresses of your website visitors, you can easily connect the two apps to avoid having to manually export and import data. Simply choose the necessary mailing list and Getsitecontrol will add every new email subscriber to this list automatically.
Follow the steps below to integrate your Email signup forms, Contact forms or Survey widget with Benchmark Email.
Open your Getsitecontrol dashboard and click Site settings at the top of the page.
Open the Integrations tab.
Find Benchmark Email in the list of applications and click Connect.
Fill in the API key field.
To find your API key, open your Benchmark Email account, click on your Username and then select Integrations.
Select API Key.
Copy the provided API Key.
You can see that Benchmark Email is now connected. Here you can disconnect it at any time if necessary.
Go back to the list of your widgets, find the one you want to connect to Benchmark Email and click Edit. Open the Integrations tab.
Select Benchmark Email from the drop-down list under Third-party integrations.
Use the second drop-down menu to choose one of your existing Benchmark Email lists. This is the list new Getsitecontrol subscribers will be copied to.
Click the Map widget fields link and make sure the fields of your widget are correctly matched to those of your Benchmark Email list. Here you can choose what information you want Getsitecontrol to send to Benchmark Email and what fields these details should be added to. You can read more about field mapping here.
Click OK to save the changes. The widget is now connected to Benchmark Email. Every time a website visitor submits their details via the widget on your website, the information will be instantly exported to Benchmark Email.
Other articles you might find helpful:
- How to create an opt-in form (collect email addresses on your website)
- How to download the list of subscribers
- How to receive instant email notifications about new subscribers
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.